Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for CTO Summit
As organisers of the CTO Summit, we seek to provide a professional, friendly and respectful experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, physical appearance, disability, age, race or religion. We do not tolerate any behaviour that is demeaning to any gender, race, sexual orientation or disability, or any behaviour that is considered harassment or discrimination. Individuals are responsible for knowing and complying with our standards and we encourage everyone to help create a welcoming and safe environment.
Any concerns, suspicious or disruptive activity or behaviour should be reported to the organising team so that we can address the issue immediately.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com.
We uphold the following values:
– Be kind and welcoming.
– Be patient.
– Be considerate. Think about how others will interpret your words.
– Be respectful and inclusive. Respect differences of opinion.
– Be open and curious. Assume good intentions and interpret others’ statements or questions in good faith.
– Focus on continuous learning: improving on things you already know, tackling completely new things and asking others about their experience.
– Treat everyone with respect, kindness and empathy.
– Use welcoming and inclusive language.
– Be considerate in the way you communicate in person and online.
– Not be destructive or inflammatory.
– Accept constructive criticism with grace.
– Listen with purpose.
– Communicate with organisers if something is needed.
Examples of unacceptable behaviour include:
– The use of sexualised language or images, and sexual attention or innuendo of any kind.
– Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks.
– Public or private harassment.
– Posting private information about others, such as an email address, without their explicit permission.
This Code of Conduct applies in all community spaces and also applies when a person is officially representing the community in public spaces.
If needed, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.